If you want to have a good night sleep, you need to adopt the following key habits:
- Avoid all screens before sleep: This means no TVs, laptops, phones, tablets for at least 3 hours before sleeping. Avoiding these screens helps your brain release the necessary hormones to help you sleep better at night. If you keep your eyes glued to the TV, or any screen, your brain will find it more difficult to sleep and you might even face insomnia.
- Read something beneficial before sleep: Ideally, you should read the Quran before sleeping, especially Surat Al-Mulk and Surat Al-Sajdah as recommended by the Prophet. However, you could also read anything beneficial. (P.S. make sure you read using a physical book and not a screen.
- Follow the Prophetic Sunnah before sleep: This means making wudhu, using miswak, making the dua before sleeping and if you’re not sure you’ll wake up to pray at night, then pray witr before sleeping. This adds a spiritual dimension to your sleep and helps you sleep better.
With that, we end this series on 7 Key Habits to jumpstart your productivity and have a super productive day, quick recap on the 7 habits we shared so far:
- Start your day at Fajr
- Be a constant learner
- Start your work right
- Eat, Pray, Nap
- Get closure for your day
- Spend quality time with family
- Have a powerful night routine
Source : http://www.productivemuslim.com