Increasing Our Deeds In The First 10 Days of Zhul Hijjah
THIS IS IT…….. We are only a few days away from the greatest days of the year. This is your chance to add to your scale of good deeds on Judgment day, this is your chance to raise your status in this life and the next & this is your chance to get closer to Allah and prove just how much you want Jannah. Don’t lose the reward of these 10 days. Whether it’s a small deed or big, don’t let anything no matter how insignificant of difficult it may seem, stop you from doing it. THIS IS YOUR CHANCE, DON’T LET IT SLIP AWAY.
The Prophet (peace & blessings be upon him) said: “There are no days on which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allah than these ten days.” They said: “Not even jihad for the sake of Allah?” He said: “Not even jihad for the sake of Allah, unless a man goes out himself for jihad taking his wealth with him and does not come back with anything.” (Bukhari)
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “There are no days that are greater before Allah or in which good deeds are more beloved to Him, than these ten days, so recite a great deal of tahleel (La ilaha illallah), takbeer (Allahu Akbar) and tahmeed (Alhamduillah) during them.” ( Ahmad)
Don’t Forget To Prepare Your Daily Checklist.
In sha Allah we want to start off these 10 days with sincere repentance . Here are a few rewarding deeds we can do in these great days :
– Fasting for the first 9 days. The Prophet (peace & blessings be upon him) said, “Whoever fasts a day in the way of Allah, then Allah will move his face away from the Hellfire by a distance of seventy years.” (Al-Bukhari & Muslim)
– Increasing your daily Quran reading. We should strive as much as we can to recite, memorize, listen, understand & contemplate the Quran to multiply our reward. If every day we read 3 parts (ju’z) we will be able to complete the Quran on the 10th day !!
– Remembering Allah much. These days are the days of Dhirk. Increase in saying tahleel (La ilaha illallah), takbeer (Allahu Akbar) and tahmeed (Alhamduillah) as advised by the Prophet (peace & blessing be upon him) as well as the other many beautiful dhikrs such as Istighfar (seeking forgiveness), praying much on the Prophet (peace be upon him)…..
– Being extra good to parents. The reward is so vast when we show respect and love towards our parents on regular days. Imagine the reward of doing it in these most beloved 10 days to Allah.
– Praying voluntary prayers. Don’t miss out on praying as many voluntary prayers as you can. There are so much to choose from so don’t miss out !
> 12 rakats sunnah prayers (2 before Fajr, 4 before Duhr & 2
after, 2 after Maghrib & 2 after Isha).
> Night Prayers which are the best of prayer after the obligatory
> Praying 4 before the Duhr
> Praying 4 before the Asr
> Praying 2 before the Maghrib
> Praying 2 before the Isha
> Duha Prayers
> Wudu prayers
– Making lots of Du’a (supplications) especially on the day of
– Breaking someone’s fasting to obtain the same reward of
the fasting person.
– Maintaining family ties and visiting the sick which both hold
– Giving daily charity even if it’s a small amount.
– Feeding the poor
– Offering a sacrifice on the 10th day which is one of the best
deed to do in these 10 days.
If you have any more ideas, please post them below to share in the reward !!
May Allah grant us sincerity and accept these 10 days for us.